About this course
International Science 113 is the 2nd level of our 6-level Primary Science courses aimed at our Mini International Primary School students, each level of which promotes a modern pupil-centred approach to science learning with clearly structured lessons and carefully graded activities. The course bridges the gap between mainstream curriculum learning and CLIL or English medium learning.
Key features of the course include:
1) content structured in curriculum topics with clearly stated objectives;
2) graded language appropriate to pupils' reading age;
3) scientific ideas introduced in a lively and entertaining way;
4) numerous practical activities using everyday materials;
5) wide variety of paper-and-pencil exercises, discussion topics and suggestions for group work to promote interactive learning;
6) topical contexts and issues such as healthy eating, pollution, global warming and renewable energy examined in depth;
7) high-quality illustrations and photographs;
8) review exercises and end-of-unit tests.
9) extensive glossary to develop pupils' scientific vocabulary.
The course package for each level includes a Pupil's Book, Workbook and Teacher's Book.